Hawn Therapy and Consulting is a therapy and training practice in the Baltimore, Maryland area devoted to providing support to LGBTQ+ individuals and families, especially transgender people and people of color.
Your Therapy Experience
You want to build a relationship with a therapist that is trusting and long-lasting, someone you can return to whenever life brings a new challenge. You want someone on your team to help you reach your goals. For therapy to work best, you need to be able to freely express yourself and to feel seen and understood. You and your therapist should like each other as people and value one another's identities. Years of experience with a range of ages, and ongoing study and training, prepare us to work with you. Create change in an affirming environment with Baltimore therapists who really
understand your life.
We work collaboratively with each person to determine the best therapy approach to assist them in reaching their goals. We aim to facilitate healing from cultural damage and the effects of various forms of oppression. As psychotherapists, our goal is that our clients reach a place of hope and fulfillment.
Our specialty is in working with transgender people from childhood through adulthood. In addition, we work with people who fall somewhere along the LGBTQ+ spectrum, people of color, and those who are addressing cultural trauma. We offer relationship therapy to non-monogamous people and LGBTQ+ people. We provide psychotherapy services to clients who come to our office from around the DMV and from PA. Video therapy sessions may be an option for people in Maryland from outside the Baltimore area. We offer trainings and consultation to programs, organizations, and clinicians around the East Coast.
We're happy to talk with you on the phone for free for 10 minutes to learn about your needs and whether one of our affirming therapists might be the best person to help.
We offer a range of clinical services to adults of all ages, youth, some children, and couples or romantic partnerships.
Areas of special interest include:
- Trans, two spirit, and gender identity related challenges, including transition services and work with gender expansive children and their families
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, queer, same gender loving, pansexual, polyamorous, questioning, transgender, and intersex affirming treatment
- Trauma recovery and PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder)
- College and Graduate student adjustment, building independence, finding community away from home, creating life balance
- Emotion regulation work
- LGBTQ+ family building and fertility
- Therapy for couples and relationship units practicing consensual non-monogamy
- Kink aware and affirming therapy
- Healing from infidelity or relationship trauma
- Pre-marital counseling
- Processing race-related experiences