Sex Positive Therapy Maryland
Sex can be an intimidating experience for many because of childhood trauma, poor body image, and several other reasons. Sex-positive therapy in Maryland can help you get a detailed understanding of intercourse and make it a less daunting and more positive experience for you and your partner. Hawn Therapy & Consulting offers unsurpassed sex therapy for couples and takes away a lot of the guesswork off the table, helping clients have rewarding intimate experiences.
How do I know if I am sex-positive?
A sex-positive person has predominantly positive attitudes about sex. This means they feel comfortable with their own sexual identity and have no insecurities during intercourse. You are a sex-positive person if:
- You are open to learning more about sex, understanding your and your partners’ bodies, and accepting the physical, emotional, and psychological aspects involved with intimacy.
- You feel comfortable having an open discussion with your partner about your sexual needs and understand what they like.
- You understand the importance of having safe sex. You are ready to share your sexual histories with your partner, use condoms, and are willing to get tested for sexually-transmitted infections (STIs).
- You are ready to support a partner with sexual dysfunction or offer emotional support to a loved one with a history of sexual abuse.
- You do not feel any shame or awkwardness when discussing sex, as you see it as a healthy and enjoyable part of life.
Achieving sex positivity can help you get into and have a more meaningful and rewarding intimate relationship. Sex positivity is one of the many subjects discussed at our gay and lesbian couples therapy that has helped several couples lead an enriched relationship with their loved ones.
What are the benefits of sex positivity?
Sex positivity can help you dismantle your sexual shame and unravel your true feelings. It can help you build a healthy relationship with your sexuality and enjoy greater pleasure with your partner during sex.
Our sex-positive therapy for gay couples helps them feel affirmed and reduces symptoms of depression and suicidal thoughts. It can also help you overcome your fears and insecurities and allow you to develop a positive relationship with your body.
What can I expect from sex-positive therapy?
Our sex-positive therapy addresses some of the most concerning therapeutic issues for same-sex couples. A licensed same-sex therapist will address your concerns in the following areas during sex-positive therapy:
- Concerns about sexual desire and arousal
- Communicating your sexual wants and needs to your partner
- Concerns regarding sexual abuse in the past and trauma
- Dealing with unwanted sexual experiences
- Difficulty with sexual arousal
- Fostering a healthy sex life in relationships
Identifying and refraining from unhealthy, impulsive, and compulsive sexual behaviors and advances, etc.
Your search for the best gay marriage counseling ends here. Do not let your fears with intimacy stop you from getting into a relationship. Call us at 410-835-4696 to sign up for sex-positive therapy in Maryland. Caroline Hippler at Hawn Therapy & Consulting is a highly trained, friendly, and compassionate therapist with several years of experience in helping the 2SLGBTQIA+ community. Get in touch with us book an appointment.