Writing Letters for Gender Affirming Surgeries
What You Will Learn
- Our role as gatekeepers
- Initiating first steps & informed consent
- Considerations to navigate with your client
- Surgery options available to transgender folks
- Preparation and consultations
- Recovery and resources
- What’s included with a letter
What is the target audience?
- This course is great for providers.
- This course is great for organizations.
Price= $30 for individual, $300 for an organization for a one year unlimited viewing license (or unlimited individual views for 1 year)
Tavi Hawn, LCSW-C holds a Master’s Degree in Theological Studies and a Master’s of Social Work from the University of Washington in Seattle. They guide their transgender therapist practice with compassion, dedication, and an anti-oppression lens. Some of Hawn Therapy and Consulting’s specialties include trauma recovery, addressing negative self-talk, and managing anxiety and depression. I use a framework that affirms gender non-conforming children, youth, and adults, as well as the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer (LGBTQ+) community.
Introduction to course expectations.